A couple of weeks ago, I had an amazing week (I seriously should have done the lottery! Mental forehead smack!) First I was offered not one, but two great job opportunities! Woohoo!!!!
Then I found out I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Double Woohoo!!!
This is my first nomination and I was nominated by the lovely Bella from
http://missbellablogs.blogspot.co.uk/, Bella’s blog is one of those blogs that was already on my bloglovin follow list, so to be nominated by one of the lovely women whose blog I already love was the icing on the uber sized chocolate cake of a great week.
As this was my first nomination, I thought I should do a bit of research on the Liebster Award. With my great Google skills I was able to find out;
Liebster means; Dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome and sweetheart
The Liebster Award is an online only award and originated in Germany. It is basically a way for sharing the blog love. Nominating someone is a great way of bringing new reader to a blog that they might not know about.
A great blog that goes into more details about the rules is Lorraine’s blog; wordingwell.com. It gave me a lot of information that helped me get a better idea of the rules for the Liebster Award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
11 Questions From Bella:
1. Favourite nail polish – brand and colour? Of cause it has to be Barry M and My favourite colour is Guava – it’s a beautiful shade of Blue
2. Favourite makeup brand? Ooohhhh it’s between Bobbi Brown and Sleek, my go to for essentials.
3. Favourite skin care brand? Clinique, love, love, love that brand, it was the only skin care brand that cleared my acne, so love it.
4. Top 3 favourite beauty products? Um . . . this is a hard one. First it has to be lipstick or lip balm, have to have one of those in my bag. Second; BB Cream, it is so quick and easy to apply and it really does make a difference. Third my favourite face mask! The things it can do to my skin is amazing, I buy it in bulk.
5. Favourite clothing item? The high low Blue skirt that I made myself, have worn it so many times recently.
6. Favourite accessory item? A statement necklace, it can really make a massive difference to a bland outfit.
7. Favourite colour? Jade green.
8. Favourite thing about blogging? The social media chats, can get some great hints and tips and new blogs to read.
9. Best beauty tip? Exfoliate before you use a face mask, it does make a difference.
10. Which blogger(s) do you admire/look to for inspiration? Tilly and The Button and Swell Made, love both of these creative blog. They are where I want to be in the future.
11. Blush or bronzer? I don’t use Bronzer so it would have to be Blush.
11 Random facts about me:
1. My family is from the tiny island of Grenada in the West Indies.
2. I’m a serial magazine buyer and page ripper, I buy so many, I hate to throw then out, but instead of being a weird hoarder I tear out the pages I like; food, fashion, tips and keep all of then in my many folders.
3. I’m a little bit of a fussy eater, hate cheese on toast or pizza, but love some macaroni and cheese (mild) and cream cheese.
4. I’m terrified of dogs. Especially the tiny ones.
5. have a cat who insists on being treated like a baby. Seriously. I have to allow her to sit on my tummy and have to pet her before she picks the right time to get off me and snugly up to her blanket . . . I wish I was joking, every night this happens, I know I totally spoil her.
6. I have never and will never own an Iphone, I just don’t do anything apple.
7. I might be the only one in the world who hasn’t seen the film Avator, just don’t want to see it.
8. I love home wear, I don’t know which one I would love going to more: shopping for fabric for clothes or shopping in Ikea
9. I’m a sucker for tv show romances; Carrie should have married Aidan, Rory should have chosen Dean, Emily/Amanda should be with Sam, Betty should have ended up with Daniel, Mindy and Danny are together . . . that’s the one I was really hoping would make it and Stefan and Caroline should be together. . . Okay, I’ll stop now.
10. My favourite Disney film is Aladdin and have no shame in singing along to all the songs.
My 11 Nominees are;
- Bryony belizabethselway.blogspot.co.uk
- Zainab theseasoffashion.blogspot.co.uk
- Caroline caroline-xo.blogspot.co.uk
- Milly millydaydream.blogspot.co.uk
- Michelle edenfound.co.uk
- Caitlin throughthemirror.co.uk
- Anna styleskittle.com
- Chioma chiomastic.wordpress.com
- Claire gisforgingers.com
- Beth bethsadventuresinwonderland.co.uk
- Gemma touchofbelle.blogspot.co.uk
My 11 question for my nominees are:
1. Beauty product(s) that you can’t live without?
2. Your favourite fashion designer?
3. Favourite book that you love and can’t put down?
4. Favourite film that you watch over and over again?
5. If you could have dinner with any 5 famous people who would they be?
6. Where in the world would you like to visit that you haven’t been to yet?
7. Who is your celebrity crush?
8. If you could have your pick of any celebrity wardrobe, which celebrity would it be?
9. Favourite colour?
10. Who is your favourite blogger?
11. What do you love the most about blogging?