So at the end of my last Sewing class . . . didn’t really do very much but gossip and cut all the fabric out.
This week I was able to do the near impossible . . . do some work and gossip! I was very proud of myself. I was able to sew a couple of pieces together and everything. Watch out Project Runway, extend the time to complete an outfit by a couple of months and I will be a contender for the next season!
The major work I was able to do today was sewing the collar and the main parts of the top.
There were 3 separate parts of the collar. And because it is a collar, it needs some interfacing on it too. So the were 6 separate pieces, just for the collar alone. I used Interfacing that you can iron on to the fabric, which makes it a lot easier. After I ironed on all the interfacing to the collar pieces, I then I sewed all the pieces together making them into 1 piece.
Once that was done, I needed to (very slowly) use the Overlocker, as the silk was fraying quite a lot, so the overlocker was definitely needed to cut all the messy ends. I’m pretty sure that I will need to overlock the whole top.
Then I focused on the main part of the top. There were also 3 separate pieces; the front part and the two separate parts for the back. I sewed all the pieces together.
After I had finished all that, I still had a little time left to pin the collar to the top. Hopefully, if I stay this focused next week, I will be able to finish the top . . . miracles can happen.