The biggest skin problem I have is acne. It started when I was in my teens and didn’t really clear up till I was in my 20’s. It wasn’t severe acne, it was fairly mild compared the severe acne that some people have, but it lasted for years.
I tried all the products that were aims at teens with spots, I even used a product that was meant to be worn only at night, during the daytime. The reason that this wasn’t a good idea was because this product was a gel that once it dried, would look like a face mask that would need to be peeled off, and would make my skin look shiny in one area, then flaky everywhere else. Not the best look in the morning when I was in secondary school, but I had it into my mind that it was working and if I used it in the daytime, my spots would go away faster . . . This didn’t work. Because I was using it so often, my skin just got used to it, and the effects of clear skin it was meant to give me stopped working.
It wasn’t till I was in my 20’s, that I thought I would go around and see what the more well know skin care product could do for me. So I went through all the beauty counters and shops. For me, none of these products worked for my problem. I only found that one Lancôme cleanser worked for making my skin look less oily, but did nothing for my spots. All these other more pricey products just did nothing for me at all.
It wasn’t till I tried Clinique’s 3 Step Range, that I noticed a little difference. But then they brought out the Anti-Blemish Range that I really saw my skin improve . . . this is where you would hear a choir singing an angelic tune to show how amazing this was for me.
The Clinique Anti-Blemish range was exactly what I needed, but, it wasn’t till I used the face wash that is part of the 3 Step range instead of the face wash from the Anti-Blemish range, that I really noticed the difference, my skin was clear and spot free . . . finally!
Now My Skin Care Tips:
– Try, Try and Try Again – Everyone’s skin is different, what might work for your friend, might not be right for you. So try different brands and different product to find out what will make a difference for your skin.
– What’s Your Type – Make sure you know what you Skin Type is. It is so important that you know what type of skin you have to know what product are aimed at you. My skin type is Combination to Oil. My skin is more prone to spots because it produces too much oil. It can appear all over my face, but is mostly located on my T-zone (forehead and nose).
– Put Down That Fired Chicken! – Yes it is very tempting and easy to eat junk food and fizzy drinks; it has an effect on your skin. I not saying don’t ever have junk food, but add in something healthy and try drinking water. Try it for a week; I promise you, there will be a massive difference to your skin.
– Pillow Fight! – No, a pillow fight will not cure you acne, but changing your pillow case and face towel every couple of days or after a week, will help. You don’t want to put you fresh and clean face on to the same pillow you have had for the last two months. This pillow will have dead skin, grease and bacteria all over it, which you are allowing to get back on your face. Grossed out much . . . good, imaging how your skin must feel with that pillow.
– A Little Girlie Advice – Sometimes I still get spots, it could be due to what I have been eating and drinking. But also during that time of the month, I sometimes notice some spots around my jaw line or around my mouth. This is perfectly normal; it’s just your hormones. When this happens I use the Clinique Anti-Blemish Spot Treatment Gel, it can help make the spot go away sooner.
– Exfoliate – Find a good Exfoliator for your skin, you will only need to use it 1-2 times a week. But it makes a difference to your skin, helping to remove the grease, dirt and dead skin. Don’t use it more than 2 times a week, just because it working doesn’t mean that you have to be excessive. The oil that your skin produces isn’t all bad, it’s actually good for your skin and between me and you, when you’re older, the oiliness of your skin can help you keep you looking a little younger.
– Face Mask. They’re Not Just For Girly Slumber Parties – And are not just for girls full stop. Face masks can do wonders for your skin, you should seriously look into finding the perfect one for your skin, and use it once a week. And it doesn’t have to be expensive either. The Face Mask I use cost me 99p . . . yes, that much. It has been my number one beauty secrets since my teens. When I have gone crazy with my addiction with chocolate, that face mask has made a lot of the spots from my chocolate binge disappear by the next morning. It also comes in a bigger pack that is like £3, but it is a very good investment. I have heard that clay-based mask are good for oil skin. This product work amazing for me, I will do a separate beauty post for this soon.
– The Importance of Listening – It is amazing what information you can get from talking to the women and men that work on the beauty counters. It’s like they know everything that there is to know about your skin, yes they will try to sell you stuff, but the information that they can give you, can be as important as finding the perfect face mask. It’s that huge.
– It Can Take Up To A Month – That is the amount of time it can take before you should see a difference with your skin. For me the Clinique products worked within the first 2 weeks. But if a month has passed and nothing has changed, bin it and move on to the next one.
The Full List of Clinique Products I Use:
Liquid Facial Soap, for Oily Skin £15.50
Exfoliating Scrub £18.50
The great thing I love about Clinique is that they have great size Introduction Kits for really reasonable prices, these kits can last for about a month. So you can try a kit that suits your skin type for £20, (the Anti-Blemish Kit is £30.00) makes it a lot less expensive to try the whole range for your skin concerns and it won’t make a massive dent in your pocket.